Re: Slink Freeze Time

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 10:55:10PM -0700, Guy Maor wrote:
> > > I was thinking of freezing Slink no later than the end of October, maybe
> > > even as early as the end of September.
> >
> > Assuming a one month freeze time, the first would put us on track for
> > 3 releases / year, and the second 4.  (Hamm was released 7/23.)  I'd
> > tend toward 3; no sense rushing into things.
>
> Perhaps a compromise..  Freeze October 15th, release as soon as we can
> after.

IMHO, the right order would be:

First, fix all important bugs (and *all* bugs against ftp.debian.org
if they are easy to fix).

Then, freeze.

If we are unable to do it in this way, we should ask ourselves why are we
unable to fix important bugs in a timely fashion.

--
 "a611a25b9efd4ce37dd1e37745af686c" (a truly random sig)