Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

> To be honest, I don't see a problem if Debian refuses to put the code on
> any of their ftp sites. The user community will have access to it from
> primary sites, and they will be certain of getting the correct version.
> This is not something that even needs to be packages in .deb format, so,
> no, I don't want it in non-free either ;-)
>
> From the discussion I am inclined to make packaging it in either .deb or
> RPM to violate the copyright as well.

:-)

Ah, OK, I see that I've been firmly grasping the wrong end of the stick here.

Sorry, but I thought someone was suggesting that it should be allowed in main
with that license.

BTW Good plan not allowing it to be packaged.  It would ensure that there
really is only one possible version, with no hidden fiddles going on in the
postinst or whatever.

Cheers, Phil.