Re: dupload similar for master?

"Stephen J. Carpenter" <sjc@delphi.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 03:03:40PM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:
> > Shouldn't there be a tool similar to dupload in master? I
> > sometimes have to build packages there when my computer is too
> > slow. Then I download all the files to my box, sign the .dsc and
> > .changes, and dupload the stuff. If the .deb has 500k and the
> > .orig.tar.gz has other 500, it's 2M wasted bandwidth.

[...]

> I don't see the need to go through the extra work of
> this when we have a perfectly fine dupload....why not just
> have dupload installed on master for installing from master?
>
> it would just be ftp'in to itself...no real problem with speed
> (tho...maybe dupload could be made to realize it is on master
> and "skip the ftp middle man")

Why not a 'method => local' and then dupload would just copy the files
specified in the 'incoming' entry... This sounds like the best and easies
solution. That would probably be good for those that have local mirrors,
and syncs with master... Isn't that called 'upload queue'?

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Surrey/B.C./Canada      (604)572-3523
Debian Certified Linux Developer  PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
KGB jihad Ft. Meade munitions spy Kennedy AK-47 Marxist $400 million
in gold bullion Ft. Bragg North Korea FBI genetic NORAD Ortega