New xlogmaster package

Hi,

I just uploaded a debian package for xlogmaster. I adapted a scheme
similar to the menu package, so debian packages can automaticaly add
logfiles to xlogmaster's config.

>From the manpage:

       /etc/xlogmaster/entries/*
               Entry files created by the sysadmin to override
               the provided files and for entries created by the
               sysadmin.

       /usr/lib/xlogmaster/entries/*
               Entry files provided by other debian packages.

       /usr/lib/xlogmaster/entries/default/*
               Entry files provided by the xlogmaster package.
               (These  are  for packages that don't provide entry
               files yet.

update-xlogmaster will create a /etc/xlogmaster/config file from these
entries.

Please try xlogmaster and supply xlogmaster files for your package.

Joeyh, could you create a dh_installxlogmaster similar to
dh_installmenu ?

A second issue is, that xlogmaster does handle triggers. So you can
pop up a window, start a script, deiconify etc. when there is a match
in a logfile (each trigger is configurable seperatly).

Now we certainly have to be careful about this. I have defined
triggers for auth.log, which will pop-up a window if there is an
attempt to login / su etc. to root as an example.

But we need some kind of policy when a package may provide a trigger
and which action it may do. Otherwise there will be chaos.

So, how should this be handle this? Suggestions?

Ciao,
	Martin