Re: Are They Investigating You?

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 1998 06:38:53 -0400 (EDT), seeall49@hotmail.com wrote:
> > ARE YOU BEING INVESTIGATED?
> >
> > Has your personal and credit information been stolen?  Has someone
> > assumed your identity?
> >

> [...]
>
> With my increased pressence on the net and different newsgroups and mailing-
> lists, I have startd to get more and more of these junk mails...
>
> Since I have a permanent connection, pretty fast between me and my ISP
> (but slower and slower from there... :), I don't have to pay for all that
> crap, and gnus is pretty good on sorting away all this junk, but I still
> don't like it...
>
> I know about 'blacklist', but is there any better/easier to configure
> package that can handle spam, and preferably 'auto updatable'?

I know of:

a) RBL - Realtime BlackList - rbl.maps.vix.com

b) Teergrube - ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/unix/network/mail/teergrube/

c) Yelll - ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/unix/network/mail/yelll

d) planix' hosts.deny - somewhere at planix.com

e) Igor's Debian blacklist /etc/tcpserver/badmail or converted to teergrube
   ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/unix/network/mail/teergrube/teergrube.delay.debian

f) Some procmail rules - check the procmail-list archive at
   ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/usenet/mailing-lists/procmail*

Except for f they are all IP based.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.