Re: slink fetchmail problems

In article <[🔎] 35CA8DF6.8D3A0094@dakota.net>,
	troy@dakota.net (Troy) writes:

> * With the current slink version of fetchmail:
> reading message 1 of 37 (3286 bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP listener
> doesn't like recipient address `troy@localhost'
> fetchmail: can't even send to calling user!
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
> mail.dakota.net
> fetchmail: Query status=10

The last  person I talked to had a problem with exim not recognizing
localhost as a valid "local" computer so it was rejecting what it
thought was relay mail.  The simple solution was --smtpaddress (man
fetchmail).  The more complex solution was to fix exim.

> * After downgrading _only_ fetchmail to the hamm version (no exim
> changes):
> reading message 1 of 37 (3286 bytes) ... flushed
> reading message 2 of 37 (666 bytes)  flushed
> reading message 3 of 37 (1330 bytes) . flushed

Don't know why downgrading fwtchmail cnhanges things unless it doesn't
user localhost as the domain in older fetchmails (try fetchmail -v to
see what is being used for RCPT TO)

Erv