FHS: a new way of looking at it

Do we *really* want to make another release so soon whose packages will
be incompatible with the previous release?

Here's my idea to fix this situation:

slink will have man/info/other document readers modified so that they
will support FHS, but no packages will have actually moved to FHS.

Once slink is released as stable, we will have a base distribution
that will support both FSSTND docs *and* FHS docs. Then, our next
distribution (2.2? 3.0?) will be moved fully to FHS.

This way, we won't run into the problems of the 1.3 -> 2.0 upgrade,
where packages from 2.0 won't run on 1.3 without the big libc6 move.

What do you think, sirs?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters R and X and the number 16.
"XTC versus Adam Ant -- which one will survive?" -- They Might Be Giants