Re: Debian is secure, the debian lists are not.

Hi,

Santiago Vila schrieb am 06. August 1998:

> My point is: We whould not wait for the first case to happen!

I don't really like the sitation. At the momenta I am very
upset to Santiago. He first made a bugreport about the
unsubscription of himself. He is actually one of two
persons where this happened afaik. On the contrary are
~8000 subscribers to 55 Lists where most of them don't
have problems.

That is the first aspect.
Second: There was a bugreport, going to listmaster.
Because this was a bug which is caused on smartlist (and
other things), we closed the bug. Btw: Santiago is the
smartlist-maintainer, so he is responsible.
Anyway, we (Joey and me as listmasters) discussed this
topic with Santiago. You can read the mails in the
bugreport itself.

We closed the discussion with some kind of agreement -
every side wanted to improve the situation. But now he
started the discussion here - where it doesn't belong to.
The first time I saw the subject I was just ready to give
up. To stop being listmaster. If someone agrees to stop a
discussion you should do that - and not transfer it to a
place where it doesn't belong to. Why have you made that?
Only for security reasons? Then fix smartlist. It is
_your_ package we're running the list on.

I will soon install the latest smartlist package. Maybe
the bugs will be fixed in it.

I don't think I will follow the discussion. It is a
bugreport, nothing more, nothing less. That should be all.
I don't ssee the point putting it into debian-devel.

Ciao, Hanno, one of listmaster@lists.debian.org
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince@IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |