Re: Upgrading to hamm

Quoting Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a (jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es):
> 	The problem is, in Debian 1.3 the script /etc/init.d/boot would call
> the script to do this, and would allow either /etc/init.d/modutils or
> /etc/init.d/modules. But in hamm, the script is run like any other script in
> /etc/init.d by a symlink in /etc/rcS.d, the point is the symlink was made to
> /etc/init.d/modutils NOT /etc/init.d/modules, and modutils was NOT provided
> by the packages (whomever they are :)

On my bo system, the modutils package has /etc/init.d/modutils as a conf
file and /etc/init.d/modules as a link to /etc/init.d/modutils. What I
don't understand is what happened to your original
/etc/init.d/modutils--that's why I asked about it. Was there a
/etc/init.d/modutils.dpkg-* after your hamm upgrade?

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone@itri.loyola.edu            finger, or email with "Subject: get pgp key"