Re: Wanted: imgsizer maintainer (needs to know Perl, HTML)

Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> Would someone like to take over the imgsizer package, since I'm not really
> competent to maintain it (I don't know Perl)? The package has just got a
> bug reported against it that requires understanding Perl to properly fix
> (I can make a guess at how the package needs to be modified, but I'm
> not willing to make that guess, since making guesses isn't a good way
> to make quality).

It's actually a trivial fix:

$ diff /usr/bin/httpget httpget
6a7,8
> use Socket;

706a709
>         #   replaced with "use Socket;" at top of script
708,712c711,715
<       if (!defined &main'_SYS_SOCKET_H_) {
<         eval 'package main;
<               local($^W) = 0;
<                 require("sys/socket.ph")||require("socket.ph");';
<       }
---
>       #if (!defined &main'_SYS_SOCKET_H_) {
>       #  eval 'package main;
>       #        local($^W) = 0;
>         #        require("sys/socket.ph")||require("socket.ph");';
>       #}

The error message is just explaining that it's doing the equivalent
thing for you.

--
Raul