Re: what options do we have was Re: POSIX shell\; bash ash pdksh \& /bin/sh

On Fri, Jul 31, 1998 at 04:09:38PM -0400, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> > Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> wrote:
> > > You think /etc/alternatives is untested?
> >
> > No, but I think anything other than bash for /bin/sh in the context
> > of debian packages is untested.
>
> That's why I propose to change that and test it while slink is unstable.

Feel free to do so and let us know what happens.

I think this should be done on a voluntary base. We could ask on debian-user
for people to do this, but let's not do it by default.

a) People who want to test it can do it easily.
b) People who don't want to test it but track unstable for other reasons
   shouldn't suffer.

Marcus