Re: URGENT: SCSI problems

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

   I ugently need to know what the status of the AIC7xxx driver is in the
   2.0.x kernels. Currently master.debian.org is running .32 and has
   experianced a scsi write timeout. I'm concerned this may be due to a
   driver bug. Last time I tried upgrading the kernel the scsi driver blew up
   horribly and we can't afford to repeat that now.

The problem with the 5.0.x aic7xxx driver series is that there is no
version that is known to be good with every setup.  Every version
negotiation problems on some systems.

OTOH the 5.1.x series, which is in development and based on
information provided by Adaptec rather than reverse engineering, seeks
to avoid these problems.  You may want to find out more about the
current status of the 5.1.x aic7xxx driver.