Re: Intent to move mysql-base and mysql-dev to main

Rob Tillotson <robt@debian.org> wrote:
> The server doesn't have to reside on the same machine, or even on a
> Debian box at all.  It is quite possible that you might need client
> access to a remote MySQL server, but not need a local server at all.

Also, note that postgres is DFSG free, and perl's pNet can be
used to access postgres remotely (as well as MySQL, Oracle,
or whatever the server is configured for).  We're just missing
DBD::Pg from debian.

[I've got DBD::Pg installed on a machine of mine, and I'm playing
with it, but I'm not ready to tackle packaging it.  I've got some
other things I've got to get off my plate first.]

--
Raul