RE: Gnome Midnight Commander (Was: Weekend upgrade seems to mess up L ocales)

> I care mainly for the working console version and don't want to bother
> about the gtk+ devel version.  I had it compiled and running a few
> weeks ago but didn't get the impression that it's really useable yet
> and therefore decided not to package it myself.

I don't really use it myself, either.  However, I find it suitable for
most of the tasks I tend to do (drag a file from one directory to
another, etc.)

> Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> mailed me because he was interested
> in doing a gmc package.  Since i'm currently not having much time
> anyway i simply offered him the complete MC package.  This was just
> recently and therefore i haven't heard back from him yet if he'd like
> to take it or not.  I think that that it would be the right thing to
> package both the console and the gtk+ version by a single maintainer
> for obvious reasons and if someone could make it better than i do, i'd
> be happy to benefit from someone else's work as well. ;-)

That's great.  If Michael Bramer would like to package all of the
Midnight Commander components, by all means let him!

-Brent