Re: Why has bo vanished from the archives?

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 02:29:32PM -0600, Neale Pickett wrote:
> servis  writes:
> > *-Tim Sailer (29 Jul)
> > |
> > | I removed bo from my mirror (llug.sep.bnl.gov) due to disk space.
> > |

> > I understand that not all mirror sites will have the space to keep
> > copies of all the archive, that is each mirrors choice.  But I think
> > at the very minimum the 'official' ftp site of ftp.debian.org should
> > keep a copy of bo around.  If I recall weren't buzz and rex each kept
> > around for at least a little while before being removed?
>
> In my opinion, *all* the old distribution versions should be kept
> on-line somewhere.  That is, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 should all be available
> for download, no matter how ludicrous it might seem to do so. This could
> be done with a CD changer, or even with tapes.
>
> At the very least some recognized authority (Official Debian archivist?)
> ought to have stored away a master CD-ROM which they can use to burn a
> copy for someone on request (this could be done for a fee).  Having a CD
> or two around for each distribution shouldn't take that much physical
> space, and I bet if we asked nicely, some reseller would be willing to
> donate left over, out of date CDs to us.
>
> Heck, I'll donate mine :-)

I've got a 1.3 CD (bought straight after bo release) so there are a lot of packages that
have had security fixes and bug fixes.

I'd like to get CD of bo which was current up to the minute before hamm was released :)

Anyone have a current bo CD I can get sent to me in Australia? :)

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew@it.net.au