Re: Why has bo vanished from the archives?

*-Neale Pickett (29 Jul)
| Gerhard Poul writes:
| > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
| > Hi,
|
| >> In my opinion, *all* the old distribution versions should be kept
| >> on-line somewhere.  That is, 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 should all be available
| >> for download, no matter how ludicrous it might seem to do so. This could
| >> be done with a CD changer, or even with tapes.
|
| > But the ftp directories are mirrored by many servers around the world. Isn't
| > this too much traffic that nobody needs??
|
| Since these files will never, ever change, it's not that much more
| traffic--just the initial download.

And that is only if they choose to mirror the older releases.  I am just
suggesting that at the minimum the 'official' Debian ftp site, wherever
it may be located, should have at least the previous release in the
archive tree somewhere for a period of time after the most recent stable
release has been released.

--
Brian