Re: Several reasons why debian should not use bash for /bin/sh

Hi,
>>"Kysh" == Kysh Dragon <debian@dragonfyre.soark.net> writes:

 Kysh> I think the symlink from /bin/sh to /bin/bash is fine because
 Kysh> bash -is- a superset of regular sh. However, I think that the
 Kysh> admin of a system SHOULD be able to choose whatever shell they
 Kysh> want to use for /bin/sh, so long as it's at least fully bourne
 Kysh> shell compatible.

	Make that POSIX compliant shell, and I shall agree. I see no
 reason to emulate a pdp 11 program (if I understand correctly what
 you mean by the original Bourne shell). Standards compliance is
 desirable, living in the 70's is not.

	manoj

--
 Children begin by loving their parents.  After a time they judge
 them.  Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them. Oscar Wilde