Re: FHS: Wholesale conversion is wrong

Hi,
>>"Richard" == Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:

 Richard> Thanks for the response.  I think I can address your objection.

 Richard> Perhaps it would be enough to limit the requirement to the
 Richard> specific directories /usr/share/man, /usr/share/info, and
 Richard> /usr/share/doc?  (Perhaps /usr/share/dict as well.)

 Richard> Will you like those parts better with the changes I described above?

	Yes, I like ti a lot better. This makes sense. The directories
 you mention are ones where information is oput by packages to be read
 by +other_ packages; and those are the ones where symlinks are
 required.

	The only drawback I can see is that this may well be a _lot_
 of links -- but that is not, in my opinion, a show stopper.

	manoj
--
 "Theater, art, literature, cinema... must be cleansed of all
 manifestations of our rotting world..." Adolf Hitler