Re: Archive Restructuring - Package Pool

Hi,
>>"Marcelo" == Marcelo E Magallon <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:

 Marcelo> [ Manoj, do you want this on debian-policy or debian-devel?
 Marcelo>   The ammount of crossposting lately is making those lists
 Marcelo>   even harder to read ]

	If I have to choose, I would say this is to determine policy;
 and should be moved to the policy list. Once we have settled down, we
 can again ask the general body in -devel to look at the result.

	Setting Followup-To to debian-policy@lists.debian.org

 >> 4) When there are no (non wishlist?) bug reports reported, and the
 >> package is rellease ready in the maintainers mind, the maintainer
 >> tags it as such and asks that it be moved to the staging
 >> area. (suggest a minimum bug free stay in unstable before this is
 >> done?)

 Marcelo> I'm not sure I'm following you here... stable (hamm) was
 Marcelo> released with bugs.  Are you aiming at some
 Marcelo> super-stable/bug-free OS? Hamm is amazingly stable (at so is
 Marcelo> slink, at this point -- mind the sed bug, for example)

	Well, yes, that was wishful thinking. I think important and
 higher bugs should not exist when moving a package to the staging
 area.

	manoj
--
 It won't be covered in the book.  The source code has to be useful
 for something, after all...  :-) --Larry Wall in