Re: libgtk-dev bug?

> libgtk-dev provides two glib header files: /usr/include/glib.h and
> /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h
>
> glib.h has a "#include <glibconfig.h>" line.
>
> Is there any reason not to move glibconfig.h to /usr/include , removing
> /usr/lib/glib/include (glibconfig.h is the only file there), and the need
> to explicitly declare -I/usr/lib/glib/include when compiling GTK-using
> code?

This is an upstream decision with rationale being that glibconfig.h is
platform-specific, while glib.h isn't.
I don't see any reason to change anything. Gtk+ has so many extremely bad
design desision so that fixing this minor one wouldn't help.
In addition, usins `gtk-config --cflags` is a documeted requirement
(with so little documented - this is a big deal) so I would rather file a bug
report to the packages that don't use it for compiling.

Alex Y.

--
   _
 _( )_