Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Raul Miller wrote:
> > Let's say the administrator wants to ensure that every user runs
> > /usr/bin/check-sendfile on login, whether the user wants it or not,
> > and regardless of the user's choice of shell.
>
> (1) This is not an environmental variable, so I hope it's out of
> scope of this discussion.

Well, it's not an environment variable but it also affects the
global rc files of various shells.  That said, it makes sense to
discuss it alltogether.

> (2) Why would you want this?  In some environments (for example,
> distributed X) I may log in every few minutes when I'm active
> remotely, and maybe only once every few days (or longer) when
> I'm active locally.

This can be easily solved in order to immediately exit if the
queue got checked already on that day.  I could argue for both
so I'm having problems arguing at all.

Regards,

	Joey

--
VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94