Re: Another possible slink goal (multipackages users profile)

Hi,

 Jules> On 27 Jul 1998, Guy Maor wrote:

 >> Adding programs to be run automatically is an even worse idea.  On a
 >> single-person system, the user knows what software is installed
 >> because he installed it.  And a user on a multi-user system certainly
 >> doesn't want random programs run on login because the administrator
 >> thinks they're neat.

 Jules> Well... actually it's the admin's right to do so.
 Jules> Particularly if his motives are security, for example.

	It is one thing for the admin to try and do this (he is close
 by, and one may strangle him at will), it is quite another for the
 Vendor to presume to do so. Debian should not be doing this.

	manoj

--
 "Take Idaho's license plates - they say 'Famous Potatoes.'  Then
 there's New Hampshire - their license plates say 'Live Free ... or