Re: RFC: pentium optimized debian

john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Raul Miller writes:
> > Since we're refering to computer, the trademark law applies, thus: it
> > becomes a battle with intel whether the name is generic or not.
>
> Nonsense.  You can refer specifically to the Intel Pentium cpu without any
> legal concern at all (Intel is also a trademark, BTW).  The *only* thing
> Intel's trademark on Pentium permits them to do is to forbid you to label
> cpu's that you are *selling* 'Pentium'.

In that case, could somebody explain to me why debian-ultrasparc was
renamed in debian-ultralinux?  (I know that I have renamed it, but upon
request.)  I was told that it were copyright/trademark concerns.  Was
that request sent too fast?

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.