Re: RH and GNOME

On Sat, Jul 25, 1998 at 11:39:08AM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 1998 at 06:10:18AM -0400, Scott McDermott wrote:
> [...]
> >                                     Really, who cares, the project is
> > self-maintaining as it is, it's really just for the people that maintain
> > it, who cares about everyone else.
> [...]
>
> ~$ pgp -kvv McDermott /usr/doc/dpkg/developer-keys.pgp
> Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3ia - Public-key encryption for the masses.
> (c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1996-03-04
> International version - not for use in the USA. Does not use RSAREF.
> Current time: 1998/07/25 10:35 GMT
>
> Key ring: '/usr/doc/dpkg/developer-keys.pgp', looking for user ID "McDermott".
> Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
> 0 matching keys found.
> ~$
>
> Wierd.

heh

> For the record, I care.

As do I.  I may or may not be listed in your keyring yet, but I do care and
not because I need the "baby features" but because with them I can teach
others to use Debian.  At the moment I have to try and convince people that
in linux passwords are an essential part of security and that it's okay if
nothing happens when they type a password...  They'd rather have at least
****'s.