Re: RH and GNOME

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

> Rob, did you read my messages where I expressed the idea that less
> users (less "market share") can make it harder (or impossible) to
> achieve our goal of building a high quality distribution? Did you
> find any flaw in my reasoning?

I understand your points (assuming I'm recalling the right message).
My issue is that I don't want to turn Debian into the OS for
*everyone* if it involves too many compromises.

I think that the changes and presumptions required to do that right
would be best handled by taking Debian as a base and creating a
distribution that was catered directly at the lowest-level users.