Re: Status of KDE/Qt - interim decision

Ian Jackson - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> I have just spoken to Brian White.  We've decided to:
>
> (a) Make the official CD containing KDE (because it's in contrib) but
> not Qt (that's in non-free). This represents a `no action' from the
> status quo.
>
> (b) Decide on a more relaxed timescale what to do about the possible
> copyright violation in distributing KDE and Qt `together' on our FTP
> site.

I wish we had caught this problem earlier, so we could come up with
something better.

I think this is a reasonable course of action to take.  However, I don't
think we should delude ourselves into thinking that (a) deals with the
license issues.

I think we should do our best to get another release out which fixes the
problems with hamm.  Call it a bug-fix release, maybe, but the problems
with contrib, I think warrant this treatment.  [Also, with any luck,
we'll be able to have fixes for problems revealed in the hamm release.]

--
Raul