Re: dpkg NMU for slink

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Dan Jacobowitz writes:
> > All right, at the urgings of the Evil IRC Daemons (you know who you
> > are), I've gone and uploaded an NMU of dpkg.  It fixes one minor bug
>
> Btw, have you turned off --force-overwrite again?  It should be turned
> off in the unstable distribution in order to fix all those lame
> package overlaps.

no, please. can we have it as a run time option (maybe check for an
environment variable...$DPKG_OPTIONS, perhaps). i keep most of my systems
in sync with unstable and find it very annoying to have to deal with the
fact that --force-overwrite is sometimes on and sometimes off by default.

alternatively, a config option for apt to call dpkg with
--force-overwrite would be a Good Thing (although i believe that the
option properly belongs in dpkg and not in apt).

craig

--
craig sanders