Re: dpkg NMU for slink

Craig Sanders wrote:
> > Btw, have you turned off --force-overwrite again?  It should be turned
> > off in the unstable distribution in order to fix all those lame
> > package overlaps.
>
> no, please. can we have it as a run time option (maybe check for an
> environment variable...$DPKG_OPTIONS, perhaps). i keep most of my systems
> in sync with unstable and find it very annoying to have to deal with the
> fact that --force-overwrite is sometimes on and sometimes off by default.

This exactly is the reason for turning it off as default.  It is a runtime
option, just add --force-overwrite by hand.  There are still too many
package overleaps and the only way to find and fix them is to turn this
option off again and let people install packages.

Regards,

	Joey

--
*** Fatal Error: Found [MS-Windows], repartitioning Disk for Linux ...