Re: Debian i386 freeze

>  Alex> This is inherent discrimination imposed by GPL.  Somehow noone
>  Alex> wants to see that...
>
> 	Oh, the GPL is inherently dicriminatory towards non free
>  software. It is designed to be so. It is a wonderful virus that
>  infects sowtware and attempt to make it free (and this is a good
>  thing).
>
> 	Your point?

Simple. DFSG does not allow discrimination against field of endeavor.
And we bashing the software that says that it is not allowed to be used
on systems other then X (remember?:). On the other hand, GPL explicitely
discriminates the users of and distributors for *free* OS'es in *favor* of
those using and catering for *non-free* ones.

This is only my opinion, but it would be difficult to prove that GPL violates
DFSG. From the other hand, I am pretty sure I will be able to probe that
GPL'd *libraries* (not LGPL'd) do violate DFSG.

Alex Y.

--
   _
 _( )_