Re: RH and GNOME

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:13:21 -0500 (CDT), Kysh Dragon wrote:

>> www.redhat.com
>> click on "jump words"
>> click on "Red-Hat FAQ"
>> click on "How to can I get Red Hat Linux"

>First off, I just grepped the RedHat page for 'jump words', 'jump' and
>'ump', and it turned up nothing. I don't see anything entitled 'jump
>words' anywhere on this page, infact.

    Really?  Bottom of the main page:

Feedback | Store | News | Support | Product Errata | About Us | Linux Info |
Search | JumpWords
No Frames | Show Frames

    Did you try (GASP!) *READING* the main page?  Wasn't all that hard to
find.

>So.. I must ask you, what the heck are you looking at?

    The main page, right at the bottom, they have the standard ASCII "menu",
end of the second line on my display.  Took me all of 10 seconds to find it
the first time, 2 to confirum it this time.

>And the RedHat webpages are definitely not valid in that respect.

    And your zealotry grows.  Right about now I'd be doing a *PLONK* if there
were email killfiles.  *sigh*  You're not worth a filter

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my