Re: RH and GNOME

> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:16:56 -0500 (CDT), Kysh Dragon wrote:
>
> >Here's an experiment for the masses.. go to www.redhat.com and find
> >information, within a few clicks, that RedHat is available for free
> >download. Heck, find Linux referred to as a free operating system anywhere
> >on the front page!
>
> >Good luck. ;>
>
>     No luck needed, I hope you tried your experiment.
>
> www.redhat.com
> click on "jump words"
> click on "Red-Hat FAQ"
> click on "How to can I get Red Hat Linux"

First off, I just grepped the RedHat page for 'jump words', 'jump' and
'ump', and it turned up nothing. I don't see anything entitled 'jump
words' anywhere on this page, infact.

So I searched for 'FAQ'. No dice. So I searched the -entire front page-
for RedHat Linux for the word 'free'...

"'free' not found!" -- The search was case insensitive.

So.. I must ask you, what the heck are you looking at?

As a note, I use Lynx. Since truely HTML complient webpages load in Lynx
perfectly (Well, mostly, but for this case, it holds), I consider
information only displayable on commercial browsers to be invalid. If it
is due to some defect in the webpages, where they do not meet standards,
that I can't find what you refer to, I consider your results invalid.

And the RedHat webpages are definitely not valid in that respect.

-Kysh