Re: RH and GNOME

Kysh Dragon <debian@dragonfyre.soark.net> wrote:
> > FWIW... We(Red Hat) don't think of Debian user's as 'RedHat-bashers' nor
> > will a few posts from the minority change our minds.  You(Debian folks)
> > use and develop on Linux, therefore you are good.  We simply think of
> > Debian as a different way of packaging linux, which is why I read this
> > list.  Diversity is good. :-)
>
> Undoubtedly diversity is good. To -encourage- diversity is better.

Rather, to *enable* diversity is better.  Encouraging diversity too
often implies some central person or group "engaging in diversity".

> In the spirit, then, of diversity, let us each, Debian and RedHat have
> a quite visible link on our respective homepages to the other, with
> the honest technical merits of each listed (Determined by a slackware
> or Solaris user for objectivity)

Probably the appropriate place for such content would probably be
www.linux.org, [Er.. except I can't get a response from their web server
right now so I don't know how accurate my guess is.]

Doesn't Red Hat have a link to www.linux.org?

--
Raul