Re: RH and GNOME

> Kysh Dragon wrote:
> > Here's an experiment for the masses.. go to www.redhat.com and find
> > information, within a few clicks, that RedHat is available for free
> > download. Heck, find Linux referred to as a free operating system anywhere
> > on the front page!
>
> Have you submitted the comment to the RedHat webmaster?  If not, then I
> don't think you've got a right to complain.  If the webmaster has refused
> you have all rights to complain, though, imho.

This situation, in all honesty, has been going on for a -very- long time.
Back in the RH4 days, when I determined to switch from slackware to a
'real' distribution, after about two, maybe two and a half years of
slacking, I searched for -hours-, even days,  trying to find download
instructions, mirror lists, or ANYTHING that would help me figure out how
to install via ftp. I FINALLY got ahold of a fairly obscure document,
(Being fairly experienced with Linux, 'twas all I needed) and started to
install. The install program hung when I attempted a non-CD, partition
install.

Considering that that distribution had been out for quite some time, and
nobody at RedHat cared to fix the bug that prevented installation without
network access or CDROM... I decided to go Debian.

In contrast, it took me no longer than a few seconds to find the
information I needed, and after an 8mb download and a reboot or two, I was
hooked/sold/incredibly impressed with Debian. I'd used RedHat before, and
didn't find it really much more to my liking than Slackware, but the
Slackware distribution was... slacking. ;> So I'd determined to download a
'real' distribution.

Yes, I did send a letter to the webmaster, mentioning that I thought they
should have a link to a 'download' section and maybe a Rh-download faq, so
that people would know how to go about it.

I recieved no response.

> Regards,
>
> 	Joey

I hope this clarifyes some of my statements.

-Kysh