Re: Debian i386 freeze

> On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 03:32:48PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > Of course we are not so inclined, but could Debian simply declare qt a
> > "major system component" and end this argument? :-)

No.  It has to be be a part of a major system component, and it
can't be unusual for users of that system to have access to it.

So, if Qt shipped as part of the linux kernel, that would be OK.

Or, if Qt shipped as one of the libraries for gcc, that would be
OK.  (To take MS Windows as an example: the compiler is an extra
cost item, but you can still distribute stuff compiled against its
libraries to any Windows user.)

--
Raul