Re: kde/gpl discussion is silly

Manoj Srivastava writes:
> Actually, I say that the GPL allows me to change anything that is part of
> the sources, which indeed includes a subset of QT,...

It says that the KDE authors won't sue you for copyright infringement if
you change the KDE sources and distribute them.  It doesn't promise that no
one else will sue.

> ...so I say I have a right to modify a subset of QT.

You have a promise from the KDE authors that they won't sue you for
doing so (but then, they couldn't anyway).  You have to deal with the
Trolls yourself.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)