Re: intent to package x2x

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 09:16:19PM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 07:50:32PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> > Adrian Bridgett <adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > The search finally turned up good - xpropsel was the name. I'll have a look
> > > before deciding whether to package it up or not.
> >
> > It's already packaged too.
>
> Oh - I couldn't see it in slink (or x2x), I'll check hamm too next time.
> I presume it's not just me who has a big list of "obselete" packages in
> dselect?

If you use dpkg-ftp you can do this:

starting dir: /debian
dists: dists/frozen/main dists/frozen/contrib dists/frozen/non-free \
dists/unstable/main dists/unstable/contrib dists/unstable/non-free

OR, if you use apt, you can do this:

deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/binary-i386/

That'll get you frozen and unstable AND nonus.  =>

You might want more than just ftp1.us and ftp.de in there since they are
primary sites..  However, at the moment apt uses the highest with the
package and version..  ie, a package in both hamm and slink with a newer ver
in slink than hamm would use the one in slink.  If they are the same, hamm
is used first.

Eventually apt is supposed to use the best site for each file, not just the
first.  How it will know what the best is isn't certain yet.