Re: Debian i386 freeze

On Sat, Jul 18, 1998 at 12:15:54PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > > That said, I'll remind people of something else: we try to maintain
> > > good author relations.  If the author doesn't want us to distribute
> > > software we generally don't, even if we're legally allowed to.
> > Hey, you're talking to me? As I stated while closing the bug, we're all
> > talking about: I (as member of the core development group for KDE) allow
> > debian to ship binaries. You're allowed to refer to this and my old mail
> > in case of beeing sued by me or any other KDE developer.
>
> So just do a bug fix release, with that stated in the copyright file, and the
> problem is solved.

Yes, we absolutely need it in the copyright file.

Note that you have to grant this to everyone (not only Debian), as an
exception for Debian only would be a violation of the DFSG.

Mmmh. Would it really be a violation? On the one hand we say that contrib
has to fulfill the dfsg, but on the other hand...

I hate this grey zones. Why doesn't everyone stick either to commercial
software or to free software ? :-/

Marcus