Re: intent to package x2x

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> I've used x2x to link 3 displays. Just run it twice on the middle display,
> one copy points to the display to the left, the other to the display to the
> right. It works fine. I don't think it'll scale to more than 3 though (until
> the -north and -south options get implemented, then it'll do 5).

It might be able to do more than 3 if you use the "click in the box"
interface rather than the -east/west interface (I don't like the
"click in the box" interface, but it's about as good as the propsel
interface.)

If people are interested in other stupid X tricks, there is a program
called "xmove" out there.  I can't remember where the original source
is (I think it's somewhere on gatekeeper), but I have a rpm and source
rpm at:

   http://www.cps.msu.edu/~dunham/redhat/

I packaged it during one of my recent Red Hat periods, but don't
really use it so it hasn't been repackaged for Debian.  (Red Hat is
easier to package for, since they don't have quality control.)

xmove is a "pseudoserver" that forwards programs to a real X server,
but it allows you to move programs from server to server (or detach
them completely and reattach them later).

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu