Re: Upcoming Debian 2.0 Release

> --A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv
>
> Previously Brian White wrote:
> > I'm a bit torn on that issue.  This bug is specifically about the directo=
> ry
> > structure, which really should be the same as the rest of the distributio=
> n.
>
> I'm having serious problem with the entire non-us setup. It still has no
> slink and a security-fix for libssl has been sitting in incoming for about
> two weeks IIRC.

I was just going through the licences for the non-us stuff in an attempt to
find out what we can put where for the CD's, and as far as I can see, the only
non-us packages that would qualify for main (if we ignored US law) are:

  apache-ssl
  bzip
  crypt++el
  gnupg
  mutt-i

Is it really worth going to any special effort to produce two sets of CD's
to handle these ?

What I'd like to do, is integrate all these packages into their rightful place
in the archive (on www.uk.debian.org), assuming that I can come up with an
easy way for mirrors to exclude them (this should result in a mechanism where
other countries can exclude different things.  Violent games for German
mirrors, for example)

Why not make that a goal for slink, and treat non-us like non-free for
the moment ?  After all, the bulk of non-us is non-free anyway.

Cheers, Phil.