Re: WARNING: libtricks breaks dh_compress

   Joost: the easiest way to reproduce this is to simply grab the
   debhelper
   source and build it, then see if the man pages and changelog are
   compressed

Na, the easiest way to reproduce it is to just rebuild libtricks. It uses
debhelper.

To be honest, I was very disappointed to see dh* do soo little: it didn't
compress the manual pages, etc. I never used dh_* before, so I thought
this was because I was mis-useing it. My `fix' was to simply add the
files I wanted to be compressed on the dh_compress commandline arguments:).

   properly. Also, Joost, this only appears to happen if run from inside
   debian/rules makefile - I have no clue why - could it be related to
   the
   VPATH stuff in libtricks I don't understand?
Actually, I don't think so. In libtricks-0.1-0 I had the same problems
with dh_*, but in /usr/bin/fakeroot, I didn't yet set the VPATH variable.

But having said that, it really could be anything. Very interesting.

I'm at my work now, so I cannot investigate -- you'll be getting more mail from
me shortly (when I get home).

Thanks!

(Yes, I was about to ask you why dh_* did so little in libtricks -- but
haven't had time to do so yet).