Re: Upcoming Debian 2.0 Release

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 11:43:20AM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> > > binutils          23153  strip: stripped binary(executable) dumping core.  [42]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)
> >
> > If we haven't fixed this already, I believe it's out of our scope and
> > power to fix it as it is an upstram bug.  What we can do is to allow
> > core dumping binaries to be released non-stripped.

I agree with Joey here. If someone makes the problematic unstripped emacs
binary available from the website, and forwards the bug to gnu.bugs.misc
(which is frequently read by at least one of the binutils developers), that
would be great.

> Apparently, it's a new bug introduced with the latest version.

Is this a deduction, or did you test it with an older version?
The Slovenian mirror listed in the webpages contains older versions; it
would be nice if someone could try it.

Ray (who is currently away from his Debian machines and therefore sticks to
giving advice)
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.