Re: Kaffe 1.0 beta debian package...

>     Ean> It's at http://www.novare.net/~ean/kaffe It's my first
>     Ean> packaging effort, so, be gentle.
>
> Ooooo, that means we now have a real reason to have a jvm virtual
> package (instead of slightly pretend ones) :)

Well, of course we could, but currently kaffe has only hacker value.
It is not even close to ANY compatibility with JDK. Not a single applet that
wrote even runs with it without crashing. (Well, only one was running, but
very differently). Even not talking about compatibility, this thing is
definitely VERY buggy. Interaction with WM is screwed up, etc., etc. etc.

I cannot imagine anyone actually using it for Java development (or running
Java applications) at this time. IMHO, project/experimental is the proper
place for kaffe for now.

Alex Y.
(If you gonna ask why I don't go ahead and fix the bugs, I have the answer for
that - I can't, being a Sun licensee)
--
   _
 _( )_