Re: Chosing release goals for slink

Hi!

>>>>> fog  writes:

 f> On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 07:11:51AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote: [snip
 f> snap]

 >> As a result, I'd currently like to see us focus a bit less than we
 >> would have on the FHS and a bit more on the GNU standard.  So I'd
 >> like to say: "We need to make our system so FHS compliant programs
 >> and packages work flawlessly, but technically I don't care if
 >> we're ever completely compliant -- I'd prefer we focussed on a
 >> dual FHS/GNU amalgam".

 f> Can you give me/us a pointer to the GNU FS, please.

It isn't documented, but it boils down to the following:

1) cd / && ln -s usr .

2) Read the GNU Makefile Standards (info node (make) -> Makefile
Conventions -> Directory Variables).  Drop `oldincludedir', since it
just becomes `includedir'.

Have fun,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)

Copyright (C) 1998 FIG; the creator offers you this gift and wants it to
remain free.  See http://www.fig.org/freedom.html for details.
  This work is copylefted and may be copied, modified and distributed
  under the GNU General Public License (GPL); it comes with absolutely
  NO WARRANTY.  See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.