Stow.. Don't release it like this?

I have recently installed the Debian Beta from CD and I found the utility stow
to be quite useful.  Unfortunately, it also seems to be quite buggy and one of
the bugs may result in some rather large problems.

An example from my own system follows:

www:/usr/stow# stow --restow --verbose cmucl-18a/
RMDIR /usr/local/stow/swim_motif_2.1/doc/swim_motif_2.1/mot-ug
RMDIR /usr/local/stow/plan-1.6.1/lib/plan/netplan.dir
RMDIR /usr/local/stow/plan-1.6.1/doc/plan
RMDIR /usr/local/stow/plan-1.6.1/doc
RMDIR /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
RMDIR /usr/local/share/emacs/20.2/site-lisp
RMDIR /usr/local/share/emacs/20.2
RMDIR /usr/local/share/emacs
RMDIR /usr/local/share
RMDIR /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/auto/Text/ParseWords
RMDIR /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/auto/Text
RMDIR /usr/lib/perl5/IO
RMDIR /usr/lib/texmf/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec
RMDIR /usr/lib/texmf/fonts/tfm/jknappen
RMDIR /usr/lib/texmf/fonts/pk
RMDIR /usr/lib/texmf/lists

I was in the process of installing cmucl-18a and was having some problems
with stow.  I decided to restow the whole package to make sure it was
installed correctly.  Instead of getting cmucl installed correctly, I
deleted a number of unrelated directories.  I really don't even know where
stow got the names for these directories.

I haven't submitted a bug report because I am new to debian and I need to
figure out how the Bug Tracking system works.  I am heading there right now.
I thought this was important enough to pass on to other developers using the
Beta release.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kturvey@pug1.SprocketShop.com>

Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
	-- W. Somerset Maugham