Re: CDROM (2.0beta) bootablilty

On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 08:10:10PM +0200, Jens Ritter wrote:
> Interesting enough: The only board on which I was able to boot from
> has an SiS chipset but an Award Bios. Asus board with Intel chipsets
> and Award Bios did not (generalizing from the 5 computers I was able
> to test).
I just got a set of debian beta1 cd's from Johnie Ingram, here are the
bootability-results so far (with what I've had to test them on):

#1 AOpen AP5TX P233MMX, Award BIOS v4.51PG, Toshiba 24x ATAPI CDROM
   - Does not boot.
     (My Debian machine, damn. The only one I wanted it to boot on.)
#2 AOpen AP5VM P233MMX, AMI BIOS v2.60 - Boots fine. Creative 16x ATAPI CDROM
   - Boots fine.
#3 ASUS LX97 Pentium II 233, Award BIOS v4.51PG, Toshiba 32x ATAPI CDROM
   - Boots fine.

Just my $0.02.  Gonna try to fiddle with my machine and get it to boot off it.

--
Brian Almeida <bma@debian.org> http://web.terminus.cicat.com
Programmer/Systems Administrator