Re: CDROM (2.0beta) bootablilty

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es>
cc: debian-testing@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: CDROM (2.0beta) bootablilty
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 16:46:40 +0100
From: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>

Hurrah!

Enrique,  You sussed it!

I've just burnt my first booting 2.0 CD, that even boots on my Award BIOS
machine.

The fix is to ensure that the boot floppy image is close to the start of the
image, which I've done by putting it under a separate top level directory, and
naming that before the normal one on the mkisofs command line.

I just uploaded the version of debian-cd I used, and am producing
some 2.0beta3 images in the next couple of hours.

I've done a fair amount of editing of the debian-cd scripts, so I could
easily have introduced a bug or two (hopefully not though).  Test reports
would be appreciated.

Info about the images can be found here:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/  (aka  http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/)

Cheers, Phil.

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy