Re: Intent to package RootTail

On Tue, Jun 30, 1998 at 08:03:49PM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 08:25:13PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 10:18:49PM -0500, Petra, Kevin J Poorman wrote:
> > > I intend to package, (if no one else is working on it) Root tail. Root
> > > tail is a cool program that is basicly like running 'tail
> > > /var/log/messages' on your X root window. so far I have only one concern.
> > > The source has no licence, with it as it's just a .c file. I'm going to
> > > contact the author about this.
> > >
> > > Comments?
> > Have you new news from the author?
>
> packaged already:
>
> Package: rt
> Section: x11
> Maintainer: Kevin Poorman <ewigin@softhome.net>
> Version: 0.4-1
>  X root window, throught the use of transparent windows.
>
> I don't have it installed, but it would be best to check the copyright.

OK.

I have ist download vrom ftp.de.debian.org (it is in slink/main/X11/) but not
testet.

But I have found a big bug:
In the copyright file is NO upstream-author and no copyright!

Please remove it from ftp.debian.org and check the copyright first!!
Software with no copyright is not free!

And BTW: I think tailroot or roottail or xroottail is a better name for the
package and the program as rt.

Grisu