Re: Intent to package: libdbd-pgsql-perl

vanco@sonic.net writes:
> 	The DBI allows perl database applications to be written in a way
> capable of complete and instant portability between database engines. In
> other words one may write a complete database program and use it on
> another machine, under a different database server, with no complications,
> by only changing one line in their script.

Yes, DBI/DBD rocks.  Isn't any of it packaged already?

> 	However, the reason this must be packaged is that I have found a
> few minor bugs in the postgresql AND dbd-pgsql cpan module headers. I just
> now got the damn thing to build (whoohoo).
>
> 	Keep in mind that by build I mean:
> 	1) translate to C

??? Why?  This is *new* software, not packaging software for debian.
Why do you want to so radically change a perl module like this?

> 	2) compile as a shared library

Perl compiles .xs as dynamically loadable .o files.

> 	3) translate POD documentation to manual pages.

pod2man

> In effect, you get the speed of C with the flexibility of perl along with
> integrated documentation (all CPAN specific).

We already have the flexiblity and the documentation (see above).

Please don't write new software which poses as existing software.

Maybe I'm confused on what your intentions are.