Re: Star Office 4.0

Martin wrote,

>Please do so. I would also include the FAQ from
>http://www.on-line.de/~michael.hoennig/SO40.html and incorporate the
>http://www.on-line.de/~michael.hoennig/AutoMultiUserSetupForSO40Linux.tar
>patch, which will reduce the discspace needed for multiuser installations.

It seems that the auto-multi-user is no longer necessary with 4.03.  simply
installing with /net for both the system and user already handles this (about
1.5M per user).

However, changing the method for execution would probably be a good idea:
rather than executing ~/Office40/bin/soffice (nice & intuitive :), and before
doing that running /usr/local/Office40/bin/setup and
/usr/local/Office40/bin/psetup, a universal "so4" or whatever that would check
for configuration, make local files if needed, and then run the application
would certainly help

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.