Re: [rms@santafe.edu: Hurd packager]

On Sun, Jun 28, 1998 at 01:22:31PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> Er... the debian specific part is easy.  I don't know anything about
> the hurd infrastructure, but I presume that needs to be made to work
> no matter what software is placed on top of it.

Well, maybe. This depends what you want to achieve. If you want to make
"Debian GNU/Hurd", packages wonßt just compile, because Hurd does use a
different File System Layout. If you don't want to respect this difference,
it may be easier.

If you just want to use dpkg on Hurd, it is easy, granted.

Marcus